At Furrypeeps we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our client’s data.
The collection and processing of this data is practically and contractually necessary for us to provide the services and functionality that you use when using our products.
Collecting, storing and using personal information/data
Furrypeeps process your personal data when you use our apps, our hardware devices or our website. The processing of your personal data is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal information and data which we may process
The information we may collect about you and others could include, but is not limited to:
Data you provide to us
Mandatory information to register an account.
You have to provide us with certain information in order to register to use most of our products.
- First and last name.
- Email address.
Optional information provided whilst using the app or website.
Certain information is optional during registration and can also be added later on by you.
- Profile picture
- Pet related data including but not limited to pet chip id, insurance policy information, Kennel Club registration information, activity and exercise data, feeding, location, health and other data that our products and services may measure, record, create, deal with or provide.
Furrypeeps accesses your device’s camera and photos only for setting the profile pictures, we do not use these for any other reason. We do not transfer or store these outside of your device.
For identifying your location on Furryfitness, we only use this for tracking the walk and mapping the walked route. This data is only stored on the device and not transferred or moved to other server or locations.
Registration/login via Apple, Facebook or Google
If you register a Furryfitness or Furrypeeps Puppy account via Apple, Facebook or Google we receive the following information:-
- First and last name, email address, gender and date of birth.
Use of data
We may make use of the data we hold about you (including in combination with other data we may receive from other sources) in a number of ways, including:
- To provide the products that we offer to you or our other customers, or which you or they request from us.
- To improve our products, and to develop new ones.
- To determine which of our or a third-party’s products may be of interest to you or our other customers.
- To communicate with you in respect of our existing or future products including, for example, to solicit your opinions on current or proposed product features.
- To market and promote our products to you or others.
- To calculate or otherwise automatically or manually determine derived information (including “scores”) relating to you, your dog, your behaviour and/or your use of our products.
- To provide selected third parties with these same capabilities (including to provide their products, improve their products, develop new products, determine which products may interest you, communicate with you, market and promote their products to you and others, derive new information from your information, and share your information with others).
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict/object processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Requesting a copy of your personal information
As part of our service to you, you have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to obtain access to information that we hold on you should make a request in writing specifying what information you are requesting and providing proof of your identity.
When you contact us, we may ask you to provide us with some information so that we can confirm your identity. If other people on your behalf, we will take steps to make sure that you have agreed for them to do so.
We must respond to your request no later than one month from receipt of your request. For complex or numerous requests the period may be extended for a further two months but if this is the case we would inform you of the extension and the reasons for delay. If we do not take action on your request we must inform you as to why we have taken that decision and you would then have a right to take the matter up with the information commissioner.
You also have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you, in certain circumstances ask for data we hold about you to be erased and also where certain conditions apply ask us to restrict the processing that we carry out on your data. In addition, where appropriate you have the right to have the data we hold on you transferred to another organisation.
Please send your request to our Data Protection Officer:
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 the data controller registered with the ICO is Furrypeeps Ltd (company number 13094012), whose registered office is Garrards, Cowfold Road, West Grinstead, West Sussex, RH13 8LY.
The Act gives you the right to access the data we hold about you, and you can exercise that right on request to us.
Deletion of data
We have the right to delete some or all of your data without your permission in any circumstances where we consider it appropriate to do so. This may include circumstances in which you have breached any of these or our other terms, in which we or you have modified or ended our relationship, in which you have requested such deletion, in which we have decided to do so for the purposes of purging our records of out-of-date or no-longer required information, or in which we are required by law or the instruction of a legal authority to do so.
If you or we intentionally delete your data, we will attempt to remove and stop using it. However, it may persist in backups and other archives that are impractical or impossible to alter, may have been processed or incorporated into data sets from which it cannot practically be removed, or may already have been shared with others who may retain it.
You can ask us to delete data about you by writing to our Data Protection Officer or by emailing us at email@example.com
Our legal obligations
Sometimes we may be required to share your data with law enforcement, Government agencies or public bodies where we are legally required to do so.
Contacting us about your personal information
Please keep us informed if any of your information changes.
Finding out about the personal information we hold about you
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal information about you by writing to our Data Protection Officer or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information. You can find out about your rights, and get further guidance, on the ICO website.